Providers of health and human services and emergency resource services are encouraged to contact 211 Maine for inclusion in our web-based Resource Directory. Participation in the directory will allow people in need to find your services and programs. There is no charge to be listed in the directory.
211 Maine Resource Directory Inclusion Criteria:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations or town, state, and federal government agencies that provide social services or health and human services.
- Organizations, such as churches and social organizations that sponsor, host, or house a service offered to the community-at-large, not just to their own members.
- Organizations that are not eligible for 501(c)(3) status, but meet all state licensing requirements including (but not limited to) long term care facilities, mental health agencies, and chemical dependency/substance abuse agencies.
- For-profit companies/agencies offering services parallel to a nonprofit service that accept fees paid by a government agency or that offer programs/services for free or on a sliding scale fee. 211 Maine will also consider commercial or for-profit organizations offering a service not available in the nonprofit sector or those offering a service not adequately provided by the nonprofit or governmental sectors. All organizations considered for inclusion under these criteria must be certified or licensed by the appropriate level(s) of government where provisions for such certification or licensing exist.
- Organizations shall have been in existence for six months or more to be included. Exceptions may be made.
- Early education providers, private schools that serve children or youth with disabilities or behavioral/emotional disorders.
- Out-of-state entities near the Maine border that offer essential services whose services are more accessible to residents than the equivalent services offered within Maine, as well as national organizations that have no state presence.
- Organizations are responsible for reviewing and updating agency, program (division) and service profiles once a year. Organizations that are unresponsive to requests for updated information will be removed from the resource directory.
- The 211 Maine Resource Directory Inclusion Policy will be reviewed by the 211 Board of Directors periodically, but no less than once a year.
Eligibility for inclusion does not guarantee that your service will be listed. 211 Maine has the right to prioritize and limit entry. 211 reserves the right to edit information to meet format, guideline, and space requirements.
Ready To Join?
Contact the Resource Department
or by completing the form below: