211 Maine: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Support Update
March 15, 2020
211 Maine is proud to partner with the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Maine CDC) to provide general information regarding the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Our service is available 24/7 by dialing 211 (or 1-866-811-5695) or by texting your zip code to 898-211. General COVID-19 information may also be accessed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Due to high volumes regarding COVID-19 inquiries, we apologize for any delay in response times as we aim to answer all contacts in a timely fashion. Mainers can also visit the Maine CDC’s website for the most up-to-date information: www.maine.gov/dhhs/coronavirus.
Please read the following clarifications about contacting 211 regarding COVID-19:
- 211 Maine is equipped to answer general questions about COVID-19, including how citizens can best protect themselves, the common symptoms of the coronavirus, and any travel advisories.
- Answers to general questions are based on information provided in the Maine CDC Coronavirus FAQ available on their website.
- Anyone looking for specific medical advice should call their medical provider, an urgent care center, or another heath care facility for guidance and testing options.
- Anyone looking to be tested for COVID-19 must contact a healthcare provider. 211 Maine does not provide testing referrals.
- If you are a service provider, educator, business or organization seeking policy guidance or direction, please contact your governing body for next steps.
The number of COVID-19 tests for Maine people will be updated daily Monday through Friday on Maine CDC’s coronavirus webpage. Providers and educators can find specific links and resources on the far-right column of the Maine CDC webpage.
Please share this information with others.
At 211 Maine we are honored to support the State of Maine and our residents in this trying time.
Nikki Busmanis, 211 Maine Program Manager
211 Maine/United Ways of Maine